About the Role
We are looking for a Cafe Supervisor to organize daily operations and motivate our staff to provide excellent customer service.
The candidate is responsible in scheduling shifts for baristas, monitoring daily expenses and revenues and ordering supplies as needed. To be successful in this role you should have work experience with various roles in coffee shops. Also, you should be available to work during opening hours, including weekends and holidays.
Ultimately, you will help increase profitability, boost customer engagement and turn our cafe into a favorite local spot.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the cafe;
- Train employees on drinks preparation and proper use equipment;
- Coordinate with vendors and order supplies, as needed;
- Maintain updated records of daily, weekly and monthly revenues and expenses;
- Add new menu items based on seasonality and customers’ preferences (for example vegan coffee drinks);
- Advise staff on the best ways to resolve issues with clients and deliver excellent customer service;
- Ensure all cafe areas are clean and tidy;
- Nurture friendly relationships with customers to increase loyalty and boost our reputation;
- Controlling quality of all beverages, and food items being sold;
- Ensuring and maintaining the highest level of customer service possible across all staff;
- At least 2 years work experience as a Cafe Supervisor or Barista;
- Hands-on experience with professional coffee machines;
- Availability to work within opening hours (including weekends and holidays);
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to manage and motivate a team;
- High school diploma or additional certification (e.g. in Business Administration or Hospitality) is a plus;
- Must be available to work 40 hours per week, between 6am and 10pm;
- Food safe certification is a must;
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com